What is the real estate technology disruption?
Technology will impact real estate more over the next 10 years than it has in any decade in the history of the world. It will create real, montetizable value for owners, operators and managers of real estate. It will enable higher occupant satisfaction. It will reduce the number of hot and cold calls. It will ensure service contracts are used effectively. It will empower facilities managers and service technicians to spend more time fixing problems than troubleshooting problems. These benefits, powered by technology, will produce quantified results on the building bottom line on all buildings, regardless of class, size, use or age.
Know what is coming. It isn’t a question of if technology can improve your real estate operations and improve the bottom line, it is a question of when. It is happening right now in 2018 and it is possible you’re using tech installed when your building was built…perhaps 1962 or earlier! If it is not happening for you it is happening for your competitors. When will you be ready to put the best real estate technology to work for you before being left behind in pre-2018 tech?
Take action. If you need help understanding what you could do in your built environment then let’s talk. Here are pieces I’ve authored showcasing some of the ways tech is changing real estate:
- Fifth Grade Math Says Don’t Ignore Money, Use Data-Driven Facilities Maintenance
- The coldest winter you’ll ever feel is a summer in the office.
- How to Become the Facebook, Google or Amazon of Real Estate
- Large and Unseen Built Environment Opportunity
- The Built Environment, President Kennedy & Inspiration of Generations
- Tesla, Solar Impulse, SRI, Comfy & More in this ControlTrends Interview
- Realcomm/IBcon 2016 Summary & Videos
- Markets Not Ready for Smart Home; Ready for Smart Building
- Ballasts, LEDs and Smart Lighting for Non-Residential Buildings
- Super Bowl 50 In The World’s Smartest Stadium
- Building Automation Isn’t New; Home Automation Is
- Smart Apartments VS Dumb Apartments
- Real Estate Professionals – IoT Means Improved NOI
- Technology Working for You: Real Estate Technology Saving Millions