What is the real estate technology disruption?
Technology will impact real estate more over the next 10 years than it has in any decade in the history of the world. It will create real, montetizable value for owners, operators and managers of real estate. This is due in large part to Internet of Things solutions. Data, analytics and computing power will produce quantified results on the building bottom line.
How will it happen?
In April 2015 CBRE acquired Environmental Systems, Inc. and it came as a shock to many asset managers, owners and operators. This was the first major move in CRE tech and it won’t be the last. The technology is coming like a thief in the night and giving the tech-savvy players in the industry a competitive advantage.
When will it happen?
It isn’t a question of if technology can improve your real estate operations and improve the bottom line, it is a question of when. It is happening now. If it is not happening for you it is happening for your competitors. When will you be ready to put the best real estate technology to work for you?
How can take action?
It depends on your organization. As you plan learn more about some the ways tech is changing CRE in these WorkTechWork articles:
- Tesla, Solar Impulse, SRI, Comfy & More in this ControlTrends Interview
- Realcomm/IBcon 2016 Summary & Videos
- Markets Not Ready for Smart Home; Ready for Smart Building
- Ballasts, LEDs and Smart Lighting for Non-Residential Buildings
- Super Bowl 50 In The World’s Smartest Stadium
- Building Automation Isn’t New; Home Automation Is
- Smart Apartments VS Dumb Apartments
- IoT Meets API at Apigee #ILoveAPIs (video of SAP beacon solution for Smart Building Maintenance)
- Real Estate Professionals – IoT Means Improved NOI
- Technology Working for You: Real Estate Technology Saving Million